Choosing the right floor for such a room is important, because it is bound to take the worst beating of all the room’s parts. But there are many ‘long lasting’ and ‘sturdy’ floors out there; so I did some digging to find the most durable floors available for the home.
1) Ceramic tile & natural stone – a classic floor with pizzazz, strength, style, & customization; ceramic and stone are great options for kitchens, bathrooms, entryways and outdoor spaces
2) Hardwood – another classic floor that is custom made by nature to last a lifetime; great option for living rooms, hallways, bedrooms, and dining rooms
3) Rubber – perfect for rooms that need a little cushion under foot but also extreme durability like the kid’s rec. room or your home gym
4) Luxury vinyl tile – durable, customizable, and realistic, luxury vinyl tile is good for entertainment rooms, recreation rooms, and hobby rooms
5) Linoleum (a.k.a. – Marmoleum) – made out of completely natural materials and has earned the bragging right of being asthma friendly; great for playrooms, kitchens, and bathrooms
6) Flex floor vinyl – realistic, easy to install, soft under foot while also extremely tough; great for laundry rooms, mudrooms, and basements
7) Laminate – a popular floor among home owners due to both its realistic designs as well as its enhanced durability; good for living rooms, entryways, and hallways
8) Vinyl Composite Tile – great durability and value; keep it in mind for garages and work rooms
How are your floors standing up to your active lifestyle?